Attendance levels on personal development and well-being workshops are on the increase as people become more interested in maintaining and improving their own mental health and learn how to reduce their stress levels.
Lauren Fawkes, Managing Director of the Spice Manchester group commented; “in our 38 years of operating, workshops have always been included within our monthly social and activity calendar. Previously they typically tended to be focussed on learning a skill for example ‘become financial savvy’, however in recent years the breadth of topics covered has increased based on requests and feedback from members, and now most of these sessions fit into the personal development and wellness categories.
“We feel that the media has helped enormously with this shift in attitudes and people being able to openly talk of individual struggles. No longer is it a taboo subject or one to be ashamed or embarrassed about. We have members who regularly attend sessions, or will cherry pick the workshops covering issues or subjects that are of most interest to them.
“The sessions are a safe environment for members to be open and honest. They are led by highly qualified and experienced counsellors or trainers, and attendees can be assured of confidentiality during the workshops.
“Some members have reported that their employer has funded their attendance on the workshops or have given them the hours back. For many members they have found that these sessions have not only helped them in their working life, but it has given them confidence in their personal lives”
- NLP Evenings – practical exercises and methods will be discussed and shared to help with communication and emotions.
- Relationship and Dating Tips – fun and light hearted sessions with some serious psychology and behavioural know how.
- Emotional Wisdom Nights – a unique, upbeat and enthusiastic look on emotions with practical help on how to deal with problems.
- Meditation for Beginners – learn how meditation can help us relax, de-stress and understand the therapeutic benefits of this practice.
- Reiki – how this holistic system can aid balancing, healing and harmonising to address mental and emotional problems
Numbers on each workshop are kept low to benefit the attendees and are reasonably priced starting from £7.50.
For every attendee of a:
- NLP session a donation is made to the Teenage Life Control (TLC) community project which helps teenagers and younger children with life challenges, stress, anxieties, depression, self-harm and confidence building
- Mediation for Beginner session, a donation will be made to the Prostate Cancer Charity
Spice Manchester – more than a social activity group
"The sessions are a safe environment for members to be open and honest. They are led by highly qualified and experienced counsellors or trainers"
DISCLAIMER: The statements, opinions, views and advice expressed in this article are those of the author/organisation and not of ENTIRELY. This article should represent information correct at the time of publication however whilst every care has been taken to present up-to-date and accurate information, we cannot guarantee that inaccuracies will not occur. ENTIRELY will not be held responsible for any claim, loss, damage or inconvenience caused as a result of any information within this article or any information accessed through this site. The content of any organisations websites which you link to from ENTIRELY are entirely out of the control of ENTIRELY, and you proceed at your own risk. These links are provided purely for your convenience and do not imply any endorsement of or association with any products, services, content, information or materials offered by or accessible to you at the organisations site.